Monday, May 14, 2012

My IC Paradise


Today is a different kind of day for us in Washington state… it’s May and 80 degrees! There isn’t a cloud in the sky and the sun is blazing away. The only damper is that my ic is raging like a fire in the lowest level of hell. (not to be dramatic…) So normally I would miss the whole day trapped in the shower or drugged up lying on the couch catching up on episodes of Modern Family, but my parents built me a paradise… Well to be fair it wasn’t built for me but some of the details are especially IC- Friendly.

Every one has their perfect place, a place they see when they close their eyes to escape a scary reality, where they dream of, where they want to show all their friends because its that amazing they can’t keep it to themselves!

Well… my paradise is in my back yard… the most beautiful glistening swimming pool and hot tub you ever did see. The water is all salt water and not tainted by chlorine that would hurt my sensitive IC bits. There are a couple benches placed strategically so you can submerge in the perfect 90 degree water but relax on the perch. The hot tub has jets that swirl the 99 degree water in a soothing pattern that would release the most stubborn tension.

To make the pool even more perfect it is housed in a 3000 sq foot glass enclosure to be sure that we can use it any time in spite of Washington’s persnickety weather. The best feature is that the giant roof opens up and reveals the rare but beautiful blue sky and blazing sunshine on sunny days but buttons up tight on gray, rainy days.

So today I think I will strap on my comfy one piece speedo rather than my voluptuous Victoria Secret swimsuit and head out to the pool. I may do some floating, or perch on the bench, or maybe when I’ve had enough of the water I’ll lay on the sumptuous couch that is just steps away from the pool and bake like a starfish.

Days like today I remember how very blessed I am. 

2 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed, so glad your family is comforting you so your life is no longer in a bathroom. I love your blogs. Hope you have a fabulous day. Blessings from an IC patient:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea my doc tells me that water is very good therapy for IC, We have water therapy you can take here in TEN it is just for IC patients..

    ReplyDelete