Friday, August 24, 2012

Request.


My husband likes to reassure me by telling me that IC is my job. If I don’t get any laundry done or don’t cook for a week he just tells me, “Babe its okay, you’ve been really busy at work”. I know that sounds crazy to a lot of you, especially those of you that have full time jobs where you get up at a certain time, have a dress code, drive to work, only have two little breaks and one lunch break, work all day, then have to drive home, and attempt to live life in your off hours.

You would be shocked to know how similar it is… except you get to drive home and be done for the day at a certain time. Even better than that you get two glorious days to do whatever you want. Oh, and you get paid. (Refer back to “The Grass is Greener blog, I’m trying not to compare… just using this as a metaphor).  

This is where today’s blog topic comes in… I have a really busy couple months ahead, like probably some of the busiest months I’ve ever had in my life. So I would just like to request a few days off. Actually if I’m going to try I should really go for the next 2 months off! Surely I’m due 2 measly months off.

The next several weeks would make a healthy, childless, jobless woman stress so you could imagine the panic rising every day. I have a minimum of 10 different days coming up that I have to be out of the shower and active. No choice, no backing out. If any of you know me well you know that’s super scary for me. I like a plan b, I like an out in case I am hurting too bad to function. Nope not this time. People are relying on me. I'm celebrating my little brother's 16th birthday, my Dad's birthday, going to Portland to see my in-laws, Titus' big 1st birthday party, Titus' actual birthday, Titus' one year pictures and then we are moving. Oh man I'm just stressed typing it out... 

There are also days in there that I have things I really need to do, they potentially could be rescheduled but at some point I need to get ready for these crazy 10 days!   

So… the only thing I have left to do is pray my guts out to the big boss man and put in a request for a few days off of pain, incontinence and urgency. I really need this, not just for me, for my family who is counting on me to be a normal sister, daughter, wife and most of all… Mom. 

The craziness begins in 7 hours... 

1 comment:

  1. I do understand the complete terror that you are in at this moment. My husband and I moved 4 times in 2.5 years. My body wouldn't give me a day off either. In fact it seems when I add stress and a SCHEDULE that must be keep, my body figures that I can work a lot of over time.
    I pray that your ten days goes better than expected. I no that it is no use in saying or praying for no pain, so I am praying that your pain is managable and that you do get to ENJOY your time with your family. It is one thing to be there and another to just be present.
    Are you moving out of area?
    Lots of love from a new IC Sister.
    Tyconda Cooper

    ReplyDelete